Wilderness First Aid Certificate by Ridge Wilderness Adventures
For our Wilderness First Aid Course we are proud to announce our affiliation with Ridge Wilderness Advenures who have a sterling reputation for First Aid and Canoe courses here in BC.
This course is designed to help you deal with an injured or ill person for up to 24 hrs. Due to nature of the problems you may encounter in the outdoors, at least 50% of the course is taught outside. This course has the Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED built into the course. This means that upon successful completion of the course, you will have your Standard First Aid and CPR C certificates built into your Wilderness First Aid certificate.
In addition to the course content Ridge Wilderness Adventure include basic shelter construction that is not part of the certificate. They include this because of the nature of the environment that you will be working and the relevance to the course content.
The course is run over 1 weekend and the length is dependant on group size and skill level.
Free Skill Refreshers for anyone who takes a Ridge Wilderness First Aid courses are avaliable!
$249.95 per person, plus GST
Group rates are available.
Lower Mainland Courses 2017:
- Preparation and Planning
- Your Health
- What is the P.L.A.N.T.M.? (when dealing with a person this will help decide if the person should stay on trip, should they should be taken to help by the party, or whether help should be brought to the party)
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Environmental Situations
- Cold and Heat Related Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Evacuation and Transportation
- Extended Care
We Also Recommend