"Mapping for Treasure" - Coastal Navigation Course
Let's be honest, we all have a bearing desire to explore for buried treasure. In reality there isn't a huge red cross to show us where to dig, let us help you discover where you are in relation to map you have. Building a greal used of maps and charts enables us to make a safe plan when out on the water.
Do you want to learn how to plove a trip? Have no idea about direction or where North is? Maybe you have an excursion our sights and need a little extra help planning the trip? Whether you are paddling or boating the "Mapping or a Treasure " course is for you!
Our aim of this 4 evening course is tointroduce the navigational skills necessary to safely plan and navigate on a day or multi-day paddling or boating trip:
- Determine which nautical chart and topographic map you need for your upcoming trip
- Orientation of your position on a chart or map
- Understand common keys, legends, symbols and features on a chart
- Use a compass to take a bearing
- Find out the tide heights and times at a specific location
- Established when is a good time to transit a channel with currents and weather
- Recording and interpreting local marine weather forecasts
- Trip planning and execution
Duration: 8 hours of classroom environment (2 hours, 4 nights per week lasting for 2 weeks)
Location: The Old Mill Boat House, Port Moody
Equipment: All related equipment is provided.
Registration: Please contact the course director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding registration. (Note: priority will be given on a first-come first-served basis.)
Course Dates: Choose date in drop down menu
No previously experience required.
If you have any questions or concerns that were not addressed on this page, please don’t hesitate to contact our Course Director at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE HAS A MINUMUM PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENT. YOU WILL BE INFORMED TO ANY COURSE CHANGES OR CANCELATIONS. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
We Also Recommend