Advanced Wilderness First Aid Certificate by Ridge Wilderness Adventures
For our Advanced Wilderness Fir'st Aid Course we are proud to announce our affiliation with Ridge Wilderness Advenures who have a sterling reputation for First Aid and Canoe courses here in BC.
This course is designed to prepare you to deal with someone for more than 24 hours. Ridge Wilderness Adventures teach a minimum of 75% of the course out side to create a realistic learning environment. This course has the Standard First Aid and CPR C with AED built into the course. So upon successful completion you will have these certificates built into your Advanced Wilderness First Aid certificate.
Like the Wilderness First Aid course, we add basic shelter construction that is not part of the certificate.
The course is run over 2 weekends and length is dependant on group size and skill level.
Free Skill Refreshers for anyone who takes a Ridge Wilderness First Aid course is avaliable!
$449.95 per person, plus GST
Group rates available
AWFA Dates 2017 Lower Mainland:
December TBA -Date pending
Ridge Wilderness Adventures cover the same material as the WFA course, but with AWFA, the material is more in-depth. On top of the Wilderness First Aid content, include the following information:
- Preparation and Planning
- Your Health
- What is the P.L.A.N.T.M.? (when dealing with a person this will help decide if the person should stay on trip, should they should be taken to help by the party, or whether help should be brought to the party)
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Wound Care
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Environmental Situations
- Cold and Heat Related Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Evacuation and Transportation
- Extended Care
- Helmet Removal
- Traction and Realignment of Fractures
- Pulse Checks
- Jaw Thrust for People with Possible Spinal Injuries
- Rescue Breathing
- Criteria for Discontinuing Spinal Precautions
We Also Recommend